Passion Defined

My Story For His Glory

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life is Good!

Hi friends and fellow bloggers!

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted just a random life update and lot’s has gone on in the past couple of months. Hmmmmm, where to start…?

School has been keeping me very busy lately! For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been enrolled in a program called CollegePlus! and it’s basically a coaching program that helps you complete your college degree, faster and cheaper, from home. In May I finished taking all the CLEP and DSST tests I needed and since then I’ve taken three TECEP exams, which are similar to CLEP tests, but they are tests made specifically by the school I will be using to finish my degree (Thomas Edison State College in New Jersey). The three TECEPs I’ve taken are Intro to News Reporting, Marketing Communications, and Public Relations, and I just got word from TESC that I passed the first one and I’m still waiting to hear back about the other two. This Monday I will be starting five online classes (Intro to Mass Communications, Elements of Intercultural Communications, News Writing, Managerial Communications, and Leadership Communications) which I will finish in October. I also have an Interpersonal Communications portfolio that I will have to write and I’ll finish that in November so at that point I’ll be completely finished with my B.A. in Communications! So yep, that’s where I am with school right now.

Over the past year I’ve been teaching guitar lessons to two boys in our church and a couple months ago the Lord provided four more students for me and I’ve really been enjoying teaching. It’s so fascinating to see the unique characteristics of each student and it really has given me an entirely new perspective on what it means when God says that each person is fearfully and wonderfully made! Soon I’ll be adding seven more students, and that’s going to be quite a challenge!

God has been working in my life in wonderful ways the past several months. I’ve been challenged in so many areas and the Lord has grown me greatly. He’s shown me so much about Himself and how He loves and is faithful in my time of need, which really is all the time! Here are some of the things He’s been doing the past several months: He’s shown His provision for me financially by providing in many different ways so that I can pay for my school without going into debt; He’s graciously shown me the blessings of being under the authority of my parents; He’s showing me what it means to be self-less and invest in the relationships that He has put in my life; He’s taught me more about what it means to worship Him and glorify His Name; He’s showing me how to invest in the relationships that He has given me and how to show His love to the people in my life; He’s shown me what it means to grieve over sin and deeply desire holiness and righteousness; and above all, He’s continually showing me just how much I desperately need Him.

This is without a doubt the richest season of life that I have ever experienced. Great and abundant are the joys of serving a King who guides me by His love and sovereignty! He’s filled my life with blessings, friends, challenges, and at times sorrows and struggles, but I can trust without a doubt in the promise of Romans 8:28, that the Lord works ALL things together for good for those who love Him, for those who are called according to His purpose! And I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store for me in the weeks, months and years to come!

So yep, that’s what’s going on with me! For those of you who are new to my blog (thanks for joining by the way!) there’s a little bit about myself! :)

God bless you all as you seek the Lord and strive to follow His ways.

To an Audience of One,

Joshua

4 comments:

Amber Noella said...

I know what you mean in so many ways about the challenges & stuff He's bringing you through. Congrats on school & the guitar lessons!

Caitlin said...

Congrats on the passing the classes. I majored in Journalism and had a blast with the required classes. I wouldn't change them for anything and I use the skills I learned every day.

Keep up the good work!

Blessings,

Caitlin
PR Manager|CollegePlus
Caitlin.Muir@CollegePlus.org

Anonymous said...

Those of us who know you have watched you grow over these past few months, and at the same time are amazed by the HUGE changes God is bringing in our own lives. I feel a mighty stirring of the Spirit! What a privilege to have a glimpse of His plan. May we submit -- TRULY submit -- to what He is doing!

a penney for your thoughts said...

Life is good? I agree. Just sayin'.

Post a Comment