Passion Defined

My Story For His Glory

Monday, March 22, 2010

20+584=90!!! Wait a second...

No, I'm not a relativist, and yes, I'm very well aware of the actual mathematical answer to the above equation! =)  But, there's a reason for it so just be patient!  This morning I took the very last CLEP test that I'll ever have to take!  For those of you who don't know, for a little more than a year and a half I've been taking CLEP tests to accumulate a significant portion of college credit much cheaper and quicker than going the traditional college route.  I've taken 20 CLEP exams and I've accrued 90 hours of college credit, hence the specialized equation (20 tests + 584 days = 90 credits) in the subject title! :-P  I started taking a few CLEP tests my senior year in high school and I took several last summer (09) between my senior year of high school and freshman year of college.  Then, during the fall semester of '09, I enrolled in a coaching program called CollegePlus! which has helped me take these tests at a much faster pace.  In the past five and a half months, I've been able to acquire 54 college hours, and today, I took the very last CLEP test required for my degree.  At this point, I have 3 more DANTES exams (very similar to CLEP) and once I complete those, I'll begin taking online classes from Thomas Edison State College in New Jersey to complete my degree, which will be a B.A in Communications.  It's really a weird feeling!  When I first stared testing, it seemed like forever 'til I'd be finished, but here I am with all my CLEPs complete and passed and only a couple more tests before I start the last phase to attaining my undergraduate degree!  I'm really pumped right now and so I just felt like posting randomly about the exciting achievement of my college life!  I'm so grateful to God for His grace and mercy.  There were several times when I can honestly say that it was by His grace and wisdom alone that I was able to pass some of the tests and it seems that through each test He taught me something new about the way He works in my life.  I pray that as I finish up the last couple of tests and courses that I would continue to see His faithful, guiding hand.  He has so richly blessed me and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me in the days ahead!  

To an audience of One,
Joshua

P.S. I'll soon be continuing with the salvation series!

8 comments:

Josh said...

Hey Joshua!
That IS exciting! I can just imagine the "forever" feeling you must have felt as you faced all the CLEP tests. Time does go by very quickly doesn't it?!

I am very thankful for what God has done in your life; How He has led you and helped you with your schooling etc.

In Christ,
Josh

Vanessa said...

Wow, Joshua, that's amazing! What an accomplishment! :) I can't imagine that, when I get there I'll be excited as well! That's great, what a praise from God! Congrats! That must be so rewarding! So, I'm guessing that you have another year for your degree!? Wonderful job!

Zac said...

WOW!!! Looking at my little accumulation of 12 credits I am definitely thinking it's going to me forever, but I hope not. lol

Joshua your a great inspiration to me!!!!!

Leah said...

Congratulations!!! I'm watching you to see how you're doing it! Thanks for blazing my trail. :) You're my hero, big brother. :)

Love,
Leah

Sophie said...

Congrats! Way to Go!

Amy said...

Congrats Josh! That's absolutely fantastic!!! Bravo; continue to work as unto the Lord and follow His will :)

Blessings!

Kristen L. said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS JOSH!!!

Lauren said...

WOW!!! That's Great!!! That is crazy. You are beating me. And now since I have changed majors, well, ehem, we shall see how much longer I have : ) Hope all is well. God Bless!

♫ ♪ +~Lauren~+ ♫ ♪

Post a Comment